The course is meant for those who wish to learn how to manage a translation project autonomously and professionally using SDL Trados Studio 2017, the most widely used machine-assisted translation software in the industry.
The course provides the skills required to use the software to translate, localize and revise documents in multiple formats (MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, PDF, etc.) and to allow course participants to take the “SDL Trados Studio 2017 ‐ Getting Started” certification exam.
In addition to classroom lectures, the lessons also include a series of practical exercises. The number of course participants is limited to 8, to provide the best possible learning experience, promoting active participation and interaction.
- Introduction to machine-assisted translation software
- Overview of the SDL Trados Studio 2017 user interface
- Translation of a single file
- Creation of a translation project
- Creation and use of a translation memory
- Description and demonstration of the translation, revision and quality control process
- Advanced analysis and reporting functions
- Use of terminology databases, AutoSuggest dictionaries and Fragment matches